Dementia is term generally refers for a decline in mental ability that is severe to interfere with our daily lives. It is not a specific disease; rather it’s an overall term that describes a wide range of symptoms. There are many conditions that can root symptoms of dementia, such as thyroid difficulties and vitamin insufficiencies.
Symptoms of dementia can differ greatly; at least two of the following core mental purposes must be considerably reduced to be assessed dementia:
- Communication and language
- Ability to emphasize and pay attention
- Reasoning and judgment
- Visual perception
Most variations in the brain that leads to dementia are lasting and worsen over time, thinking and memory complications cause by the following situations are improved when cured or addressed:
- Medication side effects
- Excess use of alcohol
Here are some types of dementia:
- Alzheimer’s disease – The difficulty remembering recent conversation, names or events.
- Vascular dementia – Known as multi-infarct or post-stroke dementia.
- Dementia with Lewy Bodies (DLB) – People with DLB often have memory loss and thinking problems common in Alzheimer’s.
Lifestyle and Home Remedies
- Enhance communication. Maintain eye contact while talking. Speak gently in simple sentences. Don’t hurry the response.
- It benefits everyone, including people with dementia. It improves strength and cardiovascular health. This movement might slow the development of impaired thinking in people with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Encourage activity. Persons with dementia should have activities such as gardening, painting, cooking or dancing so that connections to loved ones are still intact.
- Establish night time ritual. Behavior is often worse at night. Leaving nightlights on bathroom, bedroom or hall to prevent disorientation.
- Plan for the future. Developing future plans with you loved one will help identify goals for future care.
Most types of dementia cannot be cured, but there are ways to manage symptoms. The following are used to temporarily increase dementia symptoms:
- Cholinesterase inhibitors. It boosts levels of chemical messenger involve d in memory and judgment. Side effects may comprise nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Works by controlling the movement of glutamate and involves brain functions such as learning and memory. Side effect is dizziness.
- Other medications. Doctor might recommend medicines to treat other indications or situations, such as depression, sleep disturbances or agitation.
These may help decrease agitation and endorse relaxation in people with dementia.
- Music Therapy
- Pet Therapy. Animals may promote improving moods and behaviors.
- The use of fragrant plant oils.
- Massage Therapy
- Art Therapy