Baldness or alopecia is the sudden loss of hair from part of the head or body. Most commonly cases involve the head. The severity of hair loss may vary from small area to the entire body. Psychological distress is the common factor of hair loss.
Types and Common causes of hair loss
- Physical stress – Surgery, car accident, or severe illness can cause temporary hair loss. In this case, hair loss is noticeable three to six months after trauma.
- Pregnancy – Hair loss is commonly seen after you deliver your baby.
- Too much Vitamin A – Overdoing Vitamin A supplements can trigger hair loss.
- Lack of protein – Lack of protein in your diet may shut down hair growth.
- Male Pattern Baldness – This hair loss is usually cause by combo of genes and male hormones.
- Heredity – This is basically a female version of male pattern baldness. Women may have noticeable thinning of hair.
- Female Hormones – The hormonal balance during menopause may also be a reason to hair loss.
- Emotional Stress – One factor of emotional stress that can affect a person is lacking of sleep. Lack of sleep may cause hair fall.
- Anemia – Anemia is suffered due to an iron deficiency which is likely to cause hair loss.
- Chemotherapy – Some drugs to fight back cancer can cause you hair fall out.
Prevention for hair loss
We can’t find the exact ways on how to avoid hair loss, but here are some tips that can help you out controlling hair loss.
- Avoid damaging your hair. For girls, we commonly used hair dryers but these are not recommended for everyday use because it may damage our hairs. Aim to dry our hair naturally than using these products more often.
- Avoid perms. Chemical straightening and curling can also damage our hairs. Dryness and brittleness due to these chemicals may lead to hair loss.
- Cut down on dyes and chemicals. Frequent use of hair dyes give chances of serious damage to our hair.
- Don’t bleach your hair. You are making your hair weaker, because bleaching with hair dryer can really damage your hair.
We should know that there are ways on how to treat our hair right.
- Wash your hair with mild shampoo.
- Choose suitable shampoo for your hair type.
- Always look for the content/ingredients on finding the mild shampoo which suites your hair.
- Use a good hair brush.
- Try a scalp massage. Scalp massage with nourishing oil helps increase blood flow to the surface of the skin.
- Have a healthy balance diet.
- Know when to visit the doctor.