Treating And Beating Bulimia
Overview Of Bulimia
- Bulimia nervosa is often referred to as an illness that affects only young females, but it can affect women and men regardless of age.
What is Bulimia?
- Bulimia is an eating condition that is regarded as bingeing and removing of food. Bingeing is when you consume huge amounts of food in a short space of time.
- After that, you might feel remorseful about the bingeing, and this will result in purging. This is generally done by intentionally making yourself vomit.
Cause Of Bulimia
There is no solitary cause of an eating condition such as bulimia. It’s believed that a variety of causes may activate it, for instance:
- Low self-confidence. You might have a low opinion of yourself. Dropping some weight or continually trying to manage your weight can often be viewed as a way of achieving self-respect.
- Being depressed. You might use bingeing as a way of surviving with your depression or anxiety. Though, purging doesn’t get rid of the depression, and the cycle carries on.
- Emotional anxiety. Bulimia can occasionally occur following traumatic situations or life events. It can progress after an upsetting experience, such as a bereavement or divorce.
- Physical disorder or sexual abuse. Bulimia can happen in individuals who have experienced a physical disorder or sexual abuse. Some individuals with bulimia have experienced problematic upbringings with family complications, arguments and condemnation.
- Mental health complications. Research has revealed that bulimia is more common in individuals with some other mental problem, such as an anxiety disorder.
Don’t Suffer In Silence
- Individuals with bulimia can find it difficult to acknowledge that they have an issue with food, and it can be particularly hard for men.
- Bingeing and purging can be an approach for individuals to seize control of their lives.
- Many men are reluctant to acknowledge that they can’t manage their eating habits, as they perceive it as a sign of weakness.
Medical Assistance For Bulimia
If you have an eating condition such as bulimia, see your doctor. They will be capable to make an analysis and chat to you about treatment possibilities.