First Aid Procedures For Chocking And Chest Pains
Overview Of First Aid
- First aid methods are very convenient before getting any advanced medical assistance. It can prevent the wound from getting worse and avoiding a critical condition.
- First aid can be done with items that are accessible nearby.
- First aid treatment can protect lives if it is completed quickly.
- The casualty should be transported to a doctor as soon as the initial first aid has been done in order for professional treatment.
Chocking And Proper First Aid Care
- Chocking is caused when a particle of food becomes lodged in the throat.
- In fact, it happens when there is an obstruction in the airway.
- Casualty will usually hold their arms around the neck to show they are chocking.
- The primary treatment for chocking victims is to stand at the back of the casualty and place their arms around the stomach.
- The casualty should be pressed forward and the stomach of the person has to be pushed upward constantly. This can be done until the food is dislodged from the throat.
- A casualty can also perform first aid on themselves by doing the Heimlich maneuver if chocking should occur.
- The casualty must place his fist on the navel while bending forward on any hard surface and pressing up and down until the particle is removed.
Overview Of Chest Pain
- Chest pain is a severe issue that can cause serious harm if not treated quickly.
- In some cases it can also result in a heart attack.
- Lack of breath might also be present while experiencing severe cases of chest pain.
- In this instance all windows in the room should be pushed open to offer the casualty a steady flow of air to make breathing easier.
- If the casualty keeps sweating constantly while experiencing shortness of breath, then it is better to drive the casualty to the nearest hospital and they must be given some oxygen by a health practitioner.
Related Video On Chest Pain